Thursday, February 28, 2008

Race Day Jitters

It is 9:00 pm the night before the Ragnar Relay Race and I have race day jitters.  I am so antsy I am having a really difficult time paying attention in class.  It is just difficult to sit and listen when I want to go home and pack my bag.  My list is growing for all the things I have to do and I just need to realize that I have time, I need to relax and enjoy the moment.  

So the race starts Friday at Noon in Wickenburg.  I'm bummed that I won't be at the start line. But I get to wish the first runners off from the church before they leave.  I am loading up their van with food and drinks in the morning.  

I leave my house at 7:00 am tomorrow to go pick up the van from the car rental, and fill the ice chests with ice by the time the team gets there at 9:00 am to start loading the van.   I'll wish them off and then prepare for van 2.  My sister and brother-in-law are bringing van 2 from Beaver Creek (thank you BCBC!) at 1:00 pm.  The runners in van 2 arrive at 2:00 pm at the church, we load up and head to Lake Pleasant Park to meet the rest of the team.  Our runners start running around 4:00 pm.  

My first run (of three) is at 9:00 pm.  My hubby is going to join me and pace me on his bike.  I'm so grateful because last year my night run was very difficult emotionally, plus that run is over 7 miles long!  Lots of fun.  

Well, we should cross the finish line in Mesa AZ at 5:00 pm on Saturday afternoon.  A 29-hour , 182 mile race.  Wish us luck.  We'll be having a great time!  Happy Trails!

No comments: