I know I already posted a lot this week, and once already today, but I was just blessed and have to share. We have an e-Newsletter that we email once a week. It doesn't have a good readership. It has a ton of information in it, probably too much. And most of the readers, including me, usually delete without opening.
Today I read the articles in the newsletter and found buried treasure! I must say thanks to my co-worker Mike for enduring through the weekly production of this eNewsletter and sending these encouraging words to my computer screen today. I also say thanks to Karyn, our Children's Minister, and Scott, our Young Adult Minister, for their encouraging words. Here's what they wrote:
From Scott:
I have been back in the States for almost 72 hours now.
Lots to take in and process from my time in Zambia but also getting adjusted to being back in Phoenix.
God did incredible things through our team in Zambia. Teaching and empowering over 120 pastors. Training and preparing 40-50 people who work in law enforcement and care for abused women and children. Teaching and loving over 300 children in Vacation Bible School, many orphaned or sick with AIDS. Treating patients in mobile medical clinics and a local hospital. Encouraging and empowering over 100 women, many of whom were pastors' wives. Incredible things are being done through our ministry partner, Dr. Moffat Zimba, and Northrise University.
And then I returned to Phoenix and participated in one of many VBS sites this morning. Loving children and sharing with them about how God's love can grow in their life like a seed planted in good soil. There are many North Phoenix people living God's love in the heart of their city this week, in their jobs and in VBS.
I am so grateful to be a part of a church family that lives God's love in Zambia and in Central Phoenix. Where we join God on mission around the world and across the street. We get to make a difference every day, regardless of whether we are on a "missions trip" or in the middle of a Manic Monday.
Thanks for being that kind of church with me!
------------------
From Karyn:
Thank you for praying for our 6th Grade Mission Trip to Flagstaff. Our volunteer opportunities were amazing! We were able to box up food for the homeless, clean up a campground, and prepare for a camp to begin when we left.
These might seem like ordinary things and you may ask, why do all of that in Flagstaff? Well, we go to a different city so there is a concentrated amount of time with limited distractions among us. The things that we do are chosen, purposefully, to be things that are replicable here and that can be done in the 6th graders neighborhoods and homes. They are practical and available for immediate execution upon arrival at home.
We are thankful. I believe our 6th graders have learned to give of themselves and how God is honored in the process. Please keep praying that each of us is reminded of how we continue to share Christ in what we do and say in each of our neighborhoods.
-----------------
Together we are living God's love in the heart of our city! I love my co-workers! I love my church!

1 comment:
Praise God for this "family" he created! The Family of Christ is an awesome thing! So glad you find joy in it!!
Post a Comment