Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quick Story about the joys of Running

Yesterday I went for a short run after class before dinner. Just 2.5 miles around the campus. But along the way I experienced two things that brought huge smiles to my face. First, I saw a family walking along the sidewalk ahead of me - a mom & dad and a little boy, maybe 3 or 4 years old. As I approached the little boy started to run (I had moved off the sidewalk). He had a big grin and made eye-contact with me as he passed. His mom said, quickly in passing that he just wanted to run like me. First big smile!
Shortly thereafter, before that smile had even wore off I turned the corner where two days ago I had seen a fawn and it's mamma. As I just glanced around the area I saw them -- hidden in the brush on the side of the hill. I only saw them because I was looking for them - they blended in perfectly with the grass. Adorable. Huge smile - I found something that was intended to be hidden. :)
Joy!
See if you can find them in this pic I snapped on my phone:


From Fawn & Deer at GGBTS

1 comment:

Scott and Katie said...

Sounds like a pretty great day!! :) I can't see the deer though. You gotta help me out with a hint or some coordinates or something. :) lol!!! Love you Kelly!