Thursday, September 15, 2011

Immanuel Part 5: Peace

As I sought to apply peace I questioned, how do you have peace in the middle of such a difficult battle? God answered - by trusting Him. So, as I pray for peace I ask God to help us trust Him, I release my need for control. I recognize that I cannot guarantee security and control but God cares and He is present. We also find peace in watching and waiting for Christ’s return, in anchoring our lives in the hope of our salvation. Peace is an experience within the Kingdom of God, here-and-now, so I join Jesus in His prayer to God, “May your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10) For the non-believers I ask God to provide relief from their anguish – physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.

1 comment:

Scott and Katie said...

Kelly, I have been enjoying your words of encouragement. Each post has been a timely reminder to remain in Him and be faithful. Thank you for taking me on this journey with you. The Lord has been tugging at my heart as I read and assuring me again that He is with me and that apart from Him my attempts at Love, (that is: 'to Love' -the verb, and the TRUE LOVE that is pure and an overflowing of Christ's love for us) fail. So thank you for writing. I enjoy hearing your heart through the words. I love you sister and I MISS you!