For this last element I usually just think about how to give this weapon to non-believers, but for now it is us, followers of Christ who apply salvation in this battle. I wasn’t sure how to apply salvation, but God pointed out to me all of the ways that I disregard my salvation. Oftentimes I do not accept salvation from God, I try to work things out on my own, and I don’t ask God for help. Other times I reject God’s grace and mercy by deciding that I am not worthy of His love. Applying our salvation means asking God to help us resist condemnation. In the middle of battling the horrible injustices of our world, I ask God to help us believe that He is making all things new. I ask that God help us to believe the message that “We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus. So we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Eph. 2:10) I pray that as we accept our salvation others will see and accept salvation from God as well.
1 comment:
You speak my heart.
Post a Comment