Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last Day in Ndola

Saturday, July 5th, 2008
Tomorrow morning, early, we leave for Livingstone. I got a picture of the sunrise today and the moon. Northrise University once again amazed us with their hospitality. They arranged for a concert at the music hall near the University for us. It was promoted throughout the city, but it really seemed like it was primarily for us. There were about 8 performers, all singing to tracks. Most of them sang in Bimba. Their music style is similar to Christian music from the '80s. It was a fun experience, very worshipful. I love how they express themselves and their excitement about God. We were encouraged months before this trip to be prepared for this worship experience and to be ready to dance, so I was ready. I didn't know that I would be called on stage to dance! Mokopah and I were called on by the MC to come dance to one of the songs. Crazy! But I had fun. She was as nervous as me so we had a good time up there. :)
I bought a cd from the group "Ephesians Project" and got it signed by the three singers! Most of the songs are in English, but I am so glad that three are in Bimba! :)
What a great day!

1 comment:

Suz said...

I can't wait to see more of those animals! I am so glad you had such a rewarding trip! I love Africa!!
Suz