Thursday, July 3rd, 2008
Today God ministered to me. I strongly felt satan's deception working and stirring in my spirit. I almost gave up this morning. This afternoon I heard strong words that denied the untruth in my spirit. It's difficult, but I will accept the Truth. Perhaps someday I will pray the poem Patty Cheatham shared by Charles Swindoll, "Jesus the Greatest Life of All":
Lord I am willing
To receive what You give
To lack what You withhold
To relinquish what You take
To suffer what You inflict
To be what You require.
I was encouraged by these guidlines from Mrs. Cheatham about Forgiving and Giving Comfort:
Say, "This actually happened and I hurt."
Express our feelings to the Lord
Don't grieve to others, grieve to the Lord
Leave them in God's hands
Don't rehearse our pain over and over
Give it to God and let Him begin to heal
Bring captive every thought that is contrary to His Word
Cleave to the Lord
Let Him heal you
Let love from the Lord overflow to others
Tonight we had "Nshima" for dinner - the Zambian staple food. It's a starchy food that you eat with your hands. You roll it up into a ball, then soak up some sauce and pick up some meat with it and eat it. It really doesn't have much of a taste, but fills you up pretty quickly. Here' evidence that I tried it:
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment