Today will be a little busier so I will journal now this morning and hopefully later.
We've played Phase 10 after dinner the first two nights, done by nine. It's been fun. I think I need to be more reserved, I might be a little competitive.
I didn't sleep well last night compared to the first night. Just in chunks of about 90 minutes. I got out of bed at 5:00 because I just couldn't stay still any longer. I was nervous about our run this morning and whether it would be safe if it was just Jamie and me. I went down to the lobby at 5:40 and read the paper while I waited. On the front page President Mugabe of Zimbabwe claims he was re-elected for five more years (he'd be 90!) in a landslide vote. So corrupt. On the second page the President and leaders of Zambia are calling for youths, particularly Christians, to take positions of leadership in the Church and in Government. Very cool!
At 6:15 Jamie, Brian, and Brian from California met me. We ran 3.0 miles today in less than 33 minutes. Drew, from Newport Beach, joined in for the last 1.25 miles. The street was cleaner, less smelly, and busier this morning. Great run! Stairs were tough but ok. I'm hoping for some fried tomatoes at breakfast this morning. :) Good day.
Here's Jamie, my faithful running partner:
She's training for a marathon in October, she kept me running during the whole trip. I am so very grateful!!
(The sidewalk is only wet because they spray it down with a hose every morning.)

No comments:
Post a Comment